Schedule C: Data sharing and end use license agreement
1. Purpose of agreement
The purpose of this agreement is to allow Authorized Users (see definition below) to use data available from the Community Data Program (CDP) Catalogue and to permit the dissemination of any resulting data products or publications, while restricting Authorized Users from transferring raw data from the Community Data Program Catalogue to those who are not members of the Community Data Program.
2. Summary of DOs and DON'Ts
- Use the data for your organization's in-house analysis, research, and policy-making
- Use the data for educational purposes, e.g. to publish indicators or community profiles
- Share reasonable and small amounts of data for the purposes of ad hoc public information requests
- Share findings and supporting data
- Acknowledge the Community Data Program and associated data sources
- Notify email@example.com when you discover any missing or incorrect CDP data
- Let us know when you are planning to publish CDP data
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about data sharing, or releasing a publication that uses CDP data
- Have only one user for each user account.
- Lend, rent, sell, or give away downloaded data products to non-members
- Share your communitydata.ca password or provide access to the catalogue to a non-registered user
- Have a user account that is shared between multiple users in an organization.
3. Description of agreement
This document explains what you (referred to here as the "Authorized User") can and cannot do with data available in the Community Data Program Catalogue ("the Catalogue", see definition below).
All data made available by the Community Data Program to the Authorized User through the communitydata.ca website, or otherwise provided to the Authorized User by the CDP team.
"Data Sharing and End Use License" or "License"
"Community Data Consortium Member Organization" or "Member Organization"
An independently incorporated public, para-public or voluntary sector organization focused on the implementation of a public service goal and operating at the sub-provincial level, which has joined the Consortium.
An employee, contractor or other staff member who is formally affiliated with an approved Community Data Consortium Member Organization and formally registered with the Community Data Program via an online user registration system enabling access to all data products and program services.
Uses associated with the Member Organization to which the Authorized User is employed or otherwise engaged.
Conditions that govern the use of data available in the Catalogue.
The Canadian Community Economic Development Network, the administrative host organization for the Community Data Program.
- The Authorized User shall not lend, rent, sub-license, transfer or sell any data product downloaded from communitydata.ca, nor any right granted under this agreement to any party outside the Authorized User's Member Organization, with the exception of data uses listed under Term 6.3.
- The Authorized User shall notify the CDP team before publishing material that uses data available in the Catalogue.
- The Authorized User is granted reasonable rights of use for the content of the data products for corporate use, including for educational purposes, and reasonable ad hoc public information requests. This permission includes the publication of results and conclusions. In such cases, the source of the data must be acknowledged in publications.
- Upon concluding a term of employment or contract with the Member Organization, the License of an Authorized User is automatically terminated.
- In cases where the Authorized User is a consultant, his or her License is terminated upon completion of the project for which he or she is engaged to work with the Member Organization.
- Any violation of this license renders it void and of no effect. This agreement will terminate automatically and without notice if the Authorized User fails to comply with any term listed in this agreement.
- In the event of termination, the Authorized User must immediately return the data products to the CDP team or destroy them and certify this destruction in writing to the CDP team.
- It is the End User's responsibility to ensure that his or her use of data available from the Catalogue complies with these terms and to seek permission from CCEDNet for any uses not permitted or not specified in this agreement.
Warranties and disclaimers
The data products are provided "as is". Third party data providers make no warranty, either express or implied, including but not limited to, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will third party data providers or CDP leads and their local CDP members be held liable for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or other damages however caused as a result of the use of CDP data.