On August 2, Statistics Canada will release the third wave of data from the 2016 Census, covering families, households, marital status and language. In his third webinar in an ongoing series examining census results, demographic expert Dr. Doug Norris will discuss the new data and its implications to businesses, government agencies and not-for-profits.
The webinar took place on Thursday, August 10, 2017, at 2:00 PM ET. Recordings of past Environics Analytics webinars can be found here: http://www.environicsanalytics.ca/footer/webcasts
Doug Norris will share insights on:
- The increasingly diverse structure of Canada’s families and households, including married and common-law couples, couples with and without children, stepfamilies and same-sex couples
- The living arrangements among young children, young adults and seniors
- Canada’s increasing linguistic variety and which language groups are growing the fastest
- Trends in official bilingualism across the country
- What the latest demographic changes may mean for organizations that are planning to open new retail outlets, create housing developments or launch new services
About Doug Norris:
One of Canada’s leading experts on the Census, Doug Norris, Ph.D., is a Senior Vice President and Chief Demographer at Environics Analytics. He joined EA in 2006 after nearly 30 years with Statistics Canada, where he served as Director General of Social and Demographic Statistics. Currently, he assists companies, government agencies and not-for-profit organizations in using census and other statistical information for planning and marketing projects.