Please note: Advanced registration is required. We ask that you please register early, spaces are limited for the workshops. If a session becomes full and you would like to attend a future session, please email us at statcan.outreach-
easternregion-rayonnement- regiondelest.statcan@statcan. gc.ca.
See below for more information:
Workshop: How to Use Census Data
Conducted every five years, the Census of Population is the most comprehensive source of data on the demographic, social and economic characteristics of Canadians.
The Census workshop is designed for those new to working with Census data or those who want to further develop their abilities in regards to working with Census concepts, methodology, geography and analysis.
The workshop material will explore the depth and breadth of data available and enhance participants’ ability to use the 2021 Census resources effectively.
During this workshop, you will:
- Review methodology and questionnaire content
- Explore Census Geographies
- Understand Census concepts and variables
- Learn how to use Census Program website tools
- Learn how to find and use Census data on the Statistics Canada website
This online workshop will be delivered over a two-day period. A full list of dates and times/time zones can be found in the registration links below.
Intended Target Audience:
This is an introductory workshop; it may be too basic for advanced data users.
Languages, Dates, Times, and Registration Links
Eastern & Central Region:
- Self-Register: November 22 & November 23, 2023, 9:00 am to 2:30 pm (Eastern Time)
- Self-Register: December 6 & December 7, 2023 9:00 am to 2:30 pm (Eastern Time)