Members of the Community Data Program that are not-for-profit organisations have a unique experience with the program compared to the members from regional or municipal governments. Not-for-profits rarely have a data buying budget and may have limited time or expertise in house to analyze data. But data can be essential to measuring the impact that not-for-profits are having in their communities. Join the conversation around the table and hear about the opportunities that others have found to make use of the CDP data.
The roundtable is an opportunity to hear from and share your experience as a Not-for-Profit working with data (or as someone supporting Not-for-Profits like many regional governments). We encourage anyone working with a Not-for-Profit and all consortium leads to join us.
The roundtable will discuss the following statements:
- Not-for-profit organisations struggle to resource the staff to work with data, find money to pay for the program, keep data analysis skills in house, and communicate the data.
- Not-for-profit organisations are reliant on relationships with partner organisations (health units, municipal or regional government) to make use of the data.
- Not-for-profits look for very specific ways to cut the data for specific projects or topics that are not always available in the catalogue.
- Leads need to manage expectations for not-for-profit members when joining the CDP.
- Communities agencies are unsure of how data can fulfil their mission and mandate.
- Not-for-profits play an integral role in local collaboratives.
Date and Time: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 at 1:30 pm ET
Facilitated by Mary Clarke, Training and Capacity Building Coordinator, Community Data Program
The roundtable will be held in this Adobe Connect room: https://cdp.adobeconnect.com/webinar. Feel free to log in 15-30 minutes before the start of the webinar to test your audio connection. You will be able to post questions via a chat function.
Participation in the roundtable is limited to 100 logins and the event is open to all CDP members. Enter your details below to register!
If you are a part of a member organization and do not have a user account, you can register for one here: http://communitydata.ca/user/register.