New 2021 Census data were released on Novmeber 30th. The latest release covers 'Education', 'Labour', 'Language of work', 'Commuting', as well as 'Instruction in the minority official language'. As with each release, an updated version of the Census Profile is available for download from the Statistics Canada website. This page indicates other new products that are available, including new data tables, infographics, and an updated Census Program Data Viewer.
Check out these articles on the StatCan website for insights into the data:
- Speaking of work: Languages of work across Canada
- Infographic: Commuting in Canada during the COVID-19 pandemic: What changed from 2016 to 2021?
- Infographic: Going to college after finishing a degree
The Community Data Program team is creating a Tableau dashboard based on this release, which will be available in the catalogue soon. These dashboards, based on previous releases, are already available for download:
- 2021 Census Population Dashboard
- 2021 Census Profile: Age, Gender, Household Size and Dwelling Type Dashboard
- 2021 Census Profile: Families and Households Dashboard
- 2021 Census Profile: Income Dashboard
- 2021 Census Profile: Linguistic Diversity Dashboard
- 2021 Census Profile: Non-Official Languages Dashboard
- 2021 Census Profile: Housing and Indigenous Identity Dashboard
- 2021 Census Profile: Immigration, Mobility, Ethnocultural and Religious Diversity Dashboard
See Statistics Canada's full 2021 Census release schedule here.