Description: One of the main objectives of statistics is to distill data into information which can be summarized and easily understood. Data visualizations, which include graphs and charts, are powerful ways of doing so. The purpose of this information session is to provide examples of common graphs and charts, highlight practical advice to help the audience choose the right display for their data, and identify what to avoid and why. An overall objective is to build capacity and increase understanding of fundamental techniques which foster accurate and effective dissemination of statistics and research findings.
NOTE THAT REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS FULL. If you would like to attend a future session, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intended Target Audience: This is an introductory information session; it may be too basic for advanced data users.
Language, Dates, Times, and Registration Links
- January 21, 2021, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eastern Standard Time: Register in English
- January 26, 2021, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eastern Standard Time: Register in English
- February 3, 2021, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eastern Standard Time: Register in English
- January 28, 2021, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eastern Standard Time: Register in French
Once on the registration page, the language that is displayed can be modified using the option at the bottom of the web page.
Joining an information session is really simple, using Zoom. All you need is a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device. You can also join by telephone only. We recommend that you join the session at least 5 minutes before the scheduled starting time.
Recommendation: Prior to the session, download the Zoom application on your computer for a better user experience. If you connect with an iPad, iPhone or Android device, you will be required to download the Zoom application from the Apple/Google Play Store.
Statistics Canada strives to accommodate and make our services accessible to all people. If you have any accessibility requirements, please let us know when you register for a session.
These sessions are offered by the Data Service Centre. Some of the services we offer include:
- assisting data users with simple and complex data requests;
- offering standard and customized workshops for data users of different levels of expertise;
- engaging in outreach activities through webinars, newsletters and presentations.
If you have any questions about these sessions or the Data Service Centre, please feel free to contact us.
We look forward to meeting you online!