What is it?
The Community Data Program (CDP) supports federal and provincial government departments and agencies, national non-profit organisations requiring assistance in analysing complex data sets to get the evidence they need for sound decision making in their social innovation initiatives.
It’s called Community Analytics.
Today more than ever, effective program development and evaluation need to be supported by research that generates evidence ensuring the best possible use of resources – financial and otherwise.
The CDP pools three of its key resources to offer clients the research and custom products they need: extensive data holdings, a network of over 400 partners across Canada, and research experience and expertise.
What is offered?
To ensure custom and cost-effective service, clients may choose from:
- Custom community data analysis: for clients interested in acquiring custom data products and data analysis at any geographic scale designed to meet their unique needs and specifications
- Mapping & data visualisation: for clients interested in creating customized maps, integrating web-based data visualisations, and enabling geo spatial analysis of small area data
- Research & evaluation: for clients wishing to bring evidence into policy, program or project design and development
What services are available?
- Custom data analysis and research
- Data visualization
- Web-based mapping and community atlases
- Benchmarking and comparative analysis
- Neighbourhood profiles and report cards
- Indicator development and data dashboards
- Research reports, fact sheets, web briefs, policy analysis, and literature reviews
- Project development, project management, communications and community engagement
Why choose Community Analytics?
The unique focus – and value – of Community Analytics is accessing and generating a unique diversity of information about Canadian cities and neighbourhoods, towns and villages.
Clients can also order analysis that compares the social and economic trends within their own communities to those of other communities in their town or city – or other communities across the country. In this way, Community Analytics research can offer a comparative perspective that enhances community understanding. The team works closely with the Community Data Program in generating the custom products for Community Analytics clients.
Community Analytics is a fee-for-service program delivered by a team of professionals with specialised expertise in the areas of social and economic research, program and policy development, demographic analysis, geo-spatial analysis and modelling, web-based data visualisation, web development and project management. Contact us to discuss your needs.