Statistics Canada is delighted to invite you to a free online learning session on CANSIM!
Learn useful tips on how to access data from CANSIM, Statistics Canada’s key socioeconomic database. Highlights of this webinar include:
- Searching for data in CANSIM by variable, subject and survey
- Adding/removing data by selecting from available geographies, variables and reference periods in CANSIM tables
- Manipulating retrieved data to easily create sums and averages in CANSIM tables
- Using vectors (unique identifiers) for CANSIM data points
- Identifying terminated series/archived tables
- Using metadata (information behind the data), such as classification systems and detailed information for each survey
- Downloading data
Note: This webinar is in English and is an introductory webinar. It may be too basic for advanced data users.
Date: April 26, 2017
Time: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time
Advanced registration is required. To register for this session, click HERE. As spaces are limited, please register early!
Important: When registering, please verify that your email address is correct as the system generates an automatic acceptance email.
Once Statistics Canada approve your request, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the session. Joining a meeting is really simple, from work or home. All you need is a computer connected to the Internet, and a phone line.
This session is offered by the Statistical Information Service. Some of the services they offer include:
- assisting data users with simple and complex data requests
- offering standard and customized workshops for data users of different levels of expertise
- engaging in outreach activities through webinars, newsletters and presentations.
If you have any questions about this session or the Statistical Information Service, please feel free to contact Statistics Canada here.