The Community Data Program management team is guided by the steering committee, as well as lead representatives from each consortium and a working group. Their relationships and functions are outlined in the governance structure document.
The Steering committee serves as a bridge between the Canadian Council on Social Development and the Community Data Program management team. It provides strategic planning for the Program. The steering committee meets twice yearly.
Consortium lead representatives
Lead representatives serve as the liaison between their consortium and the Community Data Program management team. Lead representatives meet at least two times per year.
Data purchase and access working group
The Data purchase and access working group has the following five objectives:
- Review and inventory existing data
- Identify user needs in terms of data and geographic boundaries
- Identify and address technical data issues
- Review and streamline administrative functions related to data access
- Help the Community Data Program management team to generate trimesterly reports that showcase new data products
The Data purchase and access working group meets once every two months.
Training and Capacity Building working group
The Training and Capacity Buildling working group has the following three objectives:
- Submit and review ideas to improve the training and learning tools provided by the program
- Submit and review ideas to increase the capacity of the membership to make use of the data and to produce research products
- Submit and review ideas to improve the website to support the work of the membership
The Training and Capacity Building working group meets once monthly.