The Newsletter from the Homeless Partnering Strategy has a few updates:
- An updated guide on how to use the Community Workspace on Homelessness is now available
- An updated version of the guide to help you navigate through the Community Workspace on Homelessness is now available. The Tips & Tricks section provides step-by-step instructions on how to add a new discussion topic, update your profile, subscribe to content, send private messages and other helpful tips to get the most out of your Workspace experience.
- Surplus federal properties for a dollar: an initiative to reduce homelessness in your community
- The Surplus Federal Real Property for Homelessness Initiative (SFRPHI), a funding stream of the Homelessness Partnering Strategy (HPS), makes surplus federal real properties available to community organizations, Indigenous organizations, not-for-profit or for-profit sectors, and other orders of government for projects to help prevent and reduce homelessness.
- Update on the engagement process on the redesign of the Homelessness Partnering Strategy
- The Homelessness Partnering Strategy’s (HPS) online engagement process is now closed. Over the past two months, Canadians were invited to share their views and ideas on how to better prevent and reduce homelessness in Canada through an online survey and by sharing their stories. We received more than 450 submissions from individuals and organisations across the country.
- Housing First training and technical assistance resources now available on the Workspace!
- The Training and Technical Assistance (TTA) program, developed by the Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness (CAEH), has launched the new Housing First Training Resources page on the Community Workspace on Homelessness. It is dedicated to the exchange of tools and evidence-based Housing First training resources. This page complements CAEH’s on-the-ground training and support to communities and front line workers to build and operate high-performing Housing First programs.
- National Service Provider data available on CANSIM
- Homelessness Partnering Strategy (HPS) has partnered with Statistics Canada to enhance the availability of shelter capacity statistics to the public, as of August 2017. The numbers of permanent beds in emergency homeless shelters and transitional housing facilities, aggregated by communities across Canada, will be published on the Canadian Socio-economic Information Management System (CANSIM).
- Join the National Conference to End Homelessness!
- The National Conference to End Homelessness, organized by the Canadian Alliance to End Homelessness (CAEH), will take place from October 25 to 27, 2017. This is a place where researchers, policy makers, funders, community leaders, advocates, and front line workers gather together to share, inspire, inform and provide training and tools needed to end homelessness. With a diverse conference program, this year’s focus will be on Indigenous homelessness and will offer several keynotes session speakers.
- Share it, Pitch it, Scale it! Innovative Solutions to Homelessness Microgrants Projects
- Join ESDC on Wednesday, October 25, 2017, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., at the 2017 National Conference to End Homelessness in Winnipeg, Manitoba, as we hear from the 12 top-ranking micro-grant projects funded under the Innovative Solutions to Homelessness funding stream. Recipients from across Canada will provide a snapshot of the project and its intended impact, the results, as well as lessons learned and pitch for up to an additional $25,000 towards the scaling of their project.
Homelessness Partnering Strategy website: www.canada.ca/homelessness